Sunday, May 21, 2017

Spring Fling and Other Things

     Yesterday was the Rotary's Spring Fling in Doubleday Parking lot in Cooperstown.  Since the parking lot is the shop's front yard, we were looking for some increase in customers.  Judy and I talked about it and she figured out how I could decorate the side of our building that faces the parking lot.  I had aprons and tote bags, sweaters and wooden welcome signs hanging on the building around our sign and the open sign.  On the front of the building there were more sweaters and some wooden toys on the display shelves under the window.  She even filled some baskets that I hung on the shepard's hooks in the garden! She filled 2 window boxes with edible plants and hung them on the railings of the patio and got more flowers to put in the garden.  Only trouble was the vendor displays in the parking lot partially blocked the view of the shop from there.  Morning sales were brisk...lots of rustic wood carvings and baby hats sold. (What a combo, huh?) It did leave my hat display looking poorly.  I thought I'd knit when I got home but I                  

didn't feel like it.  After
I left, afternoon sales
sort of slumped.  The
crowd wasn't huge but we should have done better.
   When I got home Jeff wanted to go to Little Falls and check on his car.  It's been at the mechanics for almost 3 weeks.  Dave finally got all the parts for it...including a new new wiring harness, but he's been swamped with work and now one of his mechanics quit.  He's promised we'd have the Outback this week.  We'll see.  Jeff is lost without his wheels...especially on days I go to the shop!
  Our next stop was the Herkimer Tractor Supply
store to get a new collar for Fanny.  Her old one was too tight.  I never had such a problem picking our a dog collar before!  She could have had a pink one (but I don't think Jeff feels she's a girlie girl dog) or a purple plaid collar.  He kept picking up heavy duty collars that could go on a Doberman!  We ended up with a black web collar that looks good on her white fur.  I think she likes it.
   After a quick stop at Walmart for bread I got Jeff to agree to supper at Arby's.  I had had a BBQ pulled pork sandwich for lunch at the Spring Fling around noon and now at almost 5pm, I wasn't looking forward to going home and cooking. Fanny had had 2 restless nights where she and I (but not Jeff) had gotten very little sleep.  (One because of thunderstorms, the other ???)  After driving the 30 miles to and from the shop and working half a day there, I was ready for some sleep, not time in front of a stove!  Arby's it was and after we all had our roast beef sandwiches (I shared mine with Fanny)it was home to a book and bed.  Jeff even asked if I was felt OK because I crawled into bed and didn't turn on TV or do more than check my PC for messages!
   Today the weather is doing another bounce.  Temperatures are just in the low 60's and the furnace has come on a couple of times.  I really should mow the lawn but Jeff has to haul out  the lawn mower and see if it will start.  Maybe this afternoon.  Or not.  Right now I think it's time for a cup of coffee and maybe start a hat.  I've got a yarn order on it's way from Mary Maxim's.  The Tracker site just said it was in New Hartford and should be delivered on Tuesday (why it should take that long to get 20 miles is beyond me) but when it gets here I can finish a sweater I started...and ran out of yarn with...last week.  Later a quick trip to Annutto's Greenhouse for  flowers for the cemeteries?  Memorial Day is coming up!

  

No comments: