Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Day!

   It's May Day...and it's raining!  And not very warm.  Oh, well, Spring in the Great Northeast, huh?
   I spent yesterday in the shop in Cooperstown.  I kept the door open all day and was chilled to the bone by doing that but the aroma of the soaps and lotions makes me sneeze and my eyes water so I didn't have much choice.   It was a mildly busy day and I met some nice people...I even felt sorry for the couple from Arizona who were really feeling the almost-60 degree temperatures! 
   I replaced the Crazy Stripe baby socks that sold...proving that I spent too much time trying to match the stripes, and adding these 2 infant  
sweaters.  The pink one
is a size 3-6 months done in 100% cotton and the white one is a size 6
months done in a cotton/acrylic blend with the flowers done in embroidery floss.
I'm still working on a blue size 3-6 months sweater in 100% cotton with cables down the front.  Hopefully I'll have it finished by the time I work again next Sunday.
Got to do some more
baseball and flower hats, too.  They were good sellers in April.  In fact, April 2016 was the best April I've ever had as a knitter...working alone or with my mom!
    My 2 Crocus Shawls are in the shop ready for Mother's Day.  They're both done in acrylic and I    really like them.  (If they don't sell I have no qualms about keeping them for myself.)  The top shawl is
done in Red Heart True Teal on US 9's and is the better of the two.  The one in the bottom photo is done in Red Heart Denim but on US 7's.  I'd like to try this shawl again with a cotton blend.  Have to see what 
I can find.
   When I got home Jeff and Fanny were waiting for me...or for supper since I was planning to stop at Price Chopper and get a pre-cooked chicken coz they were on sale.
Jeff had worked on the new greenhouse getting the wood for the bottom/frame.  He had planned on getting 2x12"s for the base but decided 2x6"s were more economical.  Next comes the cattle panels for the upper frame.  Since there is only 1 dry day forecast for this week I think the greenhouse material may be collected but it won't be put together until the rain stops.  In the meantime, the seedlings in the parlor are doing
well. Those are white potatoes that are trying to
grow over peppers and will probably be put in their permanent home...a large plastic tub...soon.  The sign for our favorite local greenhouse says it opens today but Jeff was there 
yesterday and came home with  these peppers, red cabbage and onions sets and a long list of what he'd like to plan this year!

No comments: