Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Pin-Stripe Hoodies, Roof Supports and Other Things

    I'm finishing these 2 Pin-stripe Hoodies today.  The one with the blue sleeves just needs it's baseball buttons but they're on-order or in-transit and should be here tomorrow (fingers crossed!!) while the other one...with the white sleeves...needs it's zipper sewn in and, honestly, I don't want to do it right now.  Later, tonight, tomorrow, just not now.  I finished pin-striping the blue-sleeved sweater this morning  AND sewed in that zipper and my right hand hurts.  Time to give it a rest. One of these sweaters is a special order and the other is for the shop.  As soon as the woman decides which one she wants, the other one can go to Cooperstown.  They're both size 1, raglans worked from the neck down in Red Heart acrylic worsted Blue and White on US7's.  The baseball buttons are from Buttons.com and the zippers are 18" All Purpose Zippers from Coats and Clark, one in Yale blue and the other white.
   Since the purchase of our new lawnmower Monday I've been asked twice when I was going to cut the grass.  I've given the same answer both times.  I need to buy a pair of rubber boots first instead of ruining another pair of sneakers.  I've picked out a pair of shiny red boots with wide legs at Walmart that I'm going to try on the next time I go into the store.  Either them or the black ones...they look like patent leather...but not the polka dot ones!  Jeff thinks I should check out Tractor Supply but I know the price is higher over there and these will be used for garden and mowing only so I'm not going to spend a lot for them.  If they're too wide I'll put in some innersoles.


    Jeff's been busy putting up the wooden supports in the greenhouse.  He'll have an 1/2"plywood arch supported by 2x2" trusses fastened every 2' to the cattle panels along the entire 14' length.  All the extra support is because while the greenhouse will sit in the open in the backyard and while it won't be a target for falling tree branches it could be buried by snow.  When the arches and trusses are all fastened, Jeff's planning to raise the
greenhouse...with our hydraulic jack...and put an 18" cripple wall under it so he'll be able to walk thru without hitting his head on the bottom of those arches!   Then comes the great job of skinning the greenhouse with plastic.   It was an 'interesting job' with the first/smaller one.  I can't wait to see how it goes this time!

1 comment:

Ruth in So. MD said...

Really cute sweaters, Mary. Not sure ok would have the patience to do the pin striping, but you did a good job.
Ruth in So. MD