Friday, May 6, 2016

Angel Sweaters

     This week I spent my time working on 2 Angel Lace cardigans.  They're both raglans worked from-the-neck- down (what else?) but without any ribbing.  You can see the design details clearer in the lower photo, the light pink one.  Both are V-neck, with 3/4 sleeves that have lace trim.  The raspberry one is a size 3 with matching buttons done

in a worsted weight Red Heart acrylic.  The lace cuffs on that one are wider and can be worn folded up or down. I got lucky with the buttons...Walmart had marked them down to $.75 a card because they were 'discontinued spring items.'  I bought all the cards they had and have enough buttons for a couple of sweaters!  The pink sweater is a size 6 months, also in a Red Heart acrylic but the pink buttons that
were on sale clashed with the yarn color so I used white pearl buttons instead.  I also didn't make the lace cuffs as wide.  I'm pretty pleased with these 2 sweaters because I designed them.  Or, more accurately, adapted 2
designs to create them.  Not bad for a 1st try??  I'm planning to take them to the shop on Sunday when I work.  Hope they're received well! 
   In the meantime, Jeff has been spending his week shopping for seeds and plants for the garden and watching YouTube videos getting ideas for his garden and greenhouse.  Now if the weather would warm up he'll get busy and rebuild the greenhouse. 
  Oh, we now have a raccoon who visits us nightly.  Jeff saw it last night but Fanny hasn't been outside when it came around but she has been hesitant about going outside lately.  I think Fanny's the only dog I know who has an armed guard to accompany her on her nightly toilet.  I don't think the greenhouse and the raccoon will be compatible but....

No comments: