Saturday, May 7, 2016

Fanny, the Great White Explorer



   While Jeff was working outside in the woodshed today and I was inside knitting a baby hat, Fanny was out exploring.  I had just taken out some cold drinks for us and Jeff pulled out the lawn furniture when we realized we were missing a dog.  It only took a few minutes of looking to discover the Great White Explorer in the old horse pasture behind Wally's garage!  We eventually won the battle for her attention but when she finally came running up to me, I almost gagged!  Fanny had found something to roll in and, not only was she a mess, she didn't smell so good, either!  (And I had just changed my bedding after she jumped all over it with muddy paws after yesterday's rain!)  She was put on lead and spent time outside while I got organized to give her a quick bath. Fanny didn't mind the soapy washcloth and the scrubbing but the shower afterwards...!  Not to her liking!!  She's not too happy at the moment, but the smell and muck are gone and her house privileges have been restored.  Why do dogs like to roll in 'it'???

No comments: