Saturday, April 23, 2016

Guess I'm Better Off Knitting

   There are times I would like to leave my little house here in the little woods and go far, far away.  How far and where I haven't a clue, just away.  Then reality sets in and the idea of clearing out 54 years of life in this house scares me.  (And Jeff hasn't even unpacked all his boxes, yet!)  Today is one of those 'I want to get out of here' days.  I've been doing a little Spring cleaning...a little at a time, here and there, and I realized even this little house is too much for me. 
   We have a mouse visiting again in the kitchen.  I just saw it run across the floor for the 2nd night in a row.  Tomorrow I better get some D-con...before it's friends and relatives move it.  The usual spring ant invasion was last week but I got some Terro and that put a quick stop to it.  I'm ready if the 2nd wave happens when the weather warms up again! Now if I can just get Jeff to shut the screen door before he opens the inside door, maybe we won't have a bat visit in June.  And this house is so poorly insulated that these last few days when the temperature was near 70 outside it wasn't close to 60 inside.  I had to open a window to let the warm air in!  Ah, living in an old house in the country....  
   On top of it all, my mortgage company sold my mortgage to another company and they tripled my monthly payment.  It's now $200 more than my total monthly income!  A little unrealistic, huh?  Especially when they call and ask to speak to Josephine. (Mom was the co-signer.)  I've been tempted to answer 'so would I but she's been dead for almost 3 years' but I didn't think that would help. (And yes, the old mortgage company was notified of her passing but they didn't bother to tell the new one...or the new one didn't bother to look in the file at her death certificate!)   Anyway, we've been going round and round for the last 2 months and now they're threatening to foreclose.   I don't think they realize what they would be getting.  Hopefully, we'll be able to work something out so we can stay here...or find someone to buy this place and let us rent it.
   So today after cleaning house a little, feeling sorry for myself a little and baking a cake, I went back to my knitting.  At least I know I'm getting somewhere when I'm knitting!  Then Judy called from the shop to tell me I sold a sweater, a hat and a pair of baby socks...all today.  Guess I am better off knitting!


No comments: