Saturday, April 16, 2016

Still Busy

    Jeff got the holes for the nettie cups centered...I helped put the red chalk lines on the pipes...and cut yesterday after he went back to Lowe's and bought another hole saw.  The one he got earlier this month was
'just' too small for the nettie cups he's got and he didn't want to go to the hydroponics store in Utica to get smaller ones.  (I think that makes at least 4 hole saws that I know about, but hey, he doesn't say 'how many size 7 knitting needles do you have?' so....)  Today he was going to move the greenhouse with the help of our next-door neighbor but that didn't work out so good.  When I got home this is what was left of the greenhouse.  Granted it
was moved to the back yard but our neighbor was in such a hurry...he didn't even listen to his friend who was helping him...that some of the PVC 'ribs' got broken at the joints.  And one of the 3-tier corner boxes in the front had seen better days, too.  Fanny's trying to figurer what hit it! 
   Jeff was not happy with the day's activities.  We had been talking about getting a couple
of cattle panels and
putting them over the PVC ribs on the green house to re-enforce the structure but now we can just  start over and build the greenhouse like he built the woodsheds.  Today Jeff over-did the physical stuff and his back is hurting...bad.  I don't know when he'll be able to rebuild the greenhouse.  In fact, he's talking about asking the doctor about surgery to correct his back problems!  And that's something he hasn't wanted to do!!
   While Jeff was having fun destroying the greenhouse and his back, I was sitting in the shop in Cooperstown.  Since it was such a bright sunny day I had the door open, the music on and merchandise on display out front and on the side of the building.  That got some people into the shop but no sales.  Around 1pm we had our first sale of the day.  The person I was suppose to share the day with didn't show up on time and we had to call her.  Seems she forgot and would be late.  Since I had only planned on being there half the day, Judy sent me home and she stayed in the shop until the other woman arrived.
    I had gotten my size 6mo lemon cable sweater in Red Heart acrylic finished and hung up.  There isn't a hat for this one yet but I'll do one before I go back

to the shop at the end of April.  I switched the hoodie that was on display, too.  This is the more traditional Black Sheep Sweater that was
was always a good seller.

I think the turquoise hoodie is a little too bold for some people.  Oh, well, I like it!  I got to spend most of the morning working on a shawl...another Crocus Shawl this time done on US9's with Red Heart acrylic Real Teal. 
    I just pulled it out of
my tote bag and managed to pull half of
the stitches off the needles! (And there are only 68sts on that US9's!)  I think it's time to switch to a circular needle!  The tension is looser with the US9 and the pattern detail looks much nicer.  Hopefully I can get this done before the end of the month, too.





No comments: