Monday, March 7, 2016

Today Was Busy

       I had a list of errands to do this morning... get my monthly INR, stop at the bank, visit the DMV, go to the library to use the copier, and most importantly, get fresh bread and donuts...so I headed to town around 9:45am.  Didn't get far when I realized I had forgotten my bank deposit and turned around and raced home to get it!  I still made it to Bassett before my 10am appointment and got to knit a few rows on a hat while I waited my turn. 
   My INR (or blood clotting factor) was right in the middle of my range(2.5-3.5) at 2.7 so I got a pat on the head and a new appointment in a month.  I can cheat a little at Easter dinner and serve...and eat...greens without worrying that my numbers will be off when it's next tested.  You'd think the medical geniuses could come up with something better than Warfarin for those of us with artificial heart valves who enjoy eating greens.
    Fanny got her usual treat from the teller as we went thru the drive-thru at the bank.  She waits for it...knows it's coming.  Now if I can just teach her to wag a thank you.
   At the DMV I found and filled out the application for a replacement Title, stood in line for less than 5 minutes, paid my $20 and was told I'd receive my Title in 3 to 5 business days.  Hope so.  We're selling the Imprezza and may have a buyer.  It's too light and too small for us to be totally comfortable with it.  (That's why there's about 150 lbs of lead weights in the back seat.  Jeff thought that might stabilize the car on the road but it didn't work.)  We're in the process of buying a 2010 Subaru Forrester...one of the larger ones... that both Jeff and I are looking forward to driving.  I think he's just looking forward to being able to get in and out of the car without struggling!  I know I am. 
    I had to have a refresher course on operating the copier at the library and it cost me $1.75 to make my copies but I got things done.  Deb even let me use a stapler so everything was fasten together correctly!
   That left the donuts and bread at Belly Busters on State St in Herkimer.  I was going to get a half dozen but couldn't decide which ones to get so I got a dozen (2 each of cinn old fashion, plain old fashion, powdered sugar, blue-berry muffin (yum!!), chocolate (Jeff's favorite) and glazed) but they won't last long.  We both had one with coffee when I got home.  I also got a large loaf of rye bread.  I never liked rye bread before Jeff started bringing this bread home, now I think it's my favorite bread.  I've got to try their Italian.  If it's half as good as their rye....
   Then we took the Imprezza down to Hillslide because the breaks still aren't right.  In fact, as I pulled out of the driveway, the brake light came on again.  This is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened since the break line was replaced.  Jeff has had to refill the break fluid each time.  Dave isn't happy with the situation, either.  And since we're selling it to a friend of his....
   A short trip to Hannaford's and then a quick chase around the yard to round up Fanny when we got home and we were in the house by 3:30pm for a late lunch.  And yes, donuts were dessert. 
  
 
  

No comments: