Saturday, March 12, 2016

A New Day

   The Imprezza is a thing of the past.  Sold it yesterday.  It was not a good car for us...too small and too light (even with 150#'s of lead in the back seat!).  We both found it hard to stay on the road at any speed over 40.  I drove it on 'cruise' most of the time just to keep it under control!  And it needs a new exhaust system from the engine out!  (Roughly $400.)  Neither of us will miss it...but Fanny might.  She enjoyed seeing the world from it's back seat!       
   Today we got the Forester. Tinted windows,

sunroof, heated seats.
Got it for a good price,
too, but I won't be able to drive it on the open road until Monday when we get the registration and insurance transferred. (I got to drive it up and down the driveway to
Wally's this afternoon! Whoopee!!)    Being a '1 car family' when you live in the little house in the little woods is not pleasant, especially when the '1 car' is waiting it's turn at the mechanics and you're asked (by Jeff) not to drive it. So I stocked up on yarn yesterday when I had a chance and will spend the time knitting.
   My garden is blooming...my Toddler Hat Garden, that is!  I've got 5 done in spring colors ready for the
shop and plan
on doing a couple more. I don't remember ever being this well-stocked for re-opening since I've
been knitting alone.  Hope the customers like
what I've done!

   Oh, we just came back from Walmart.  Even Jeff got tired waiting for the old coffeemaker to do it's thing...it was taking an hour to brew 12 cups of coffee...so we went to town and bought a new Mr. Coffee!  My, my, a new car and a new coffeemaker!  Now if my income tax refund would just get here we could get a new kitchen stove and my life would be almost perfect...for now!


  

No comments: