Saturday, March 26, 2016

There is Always Something

     I had my annual physical yesterday and the only thing the doctor could find wrong with me...except for my weight...is that I have Iron Deficiency Anemia and a vitamin D deficiency.  She prescribed these horse pills... 50,000 IU of vitamin D  (1 every 7 days) and suggested I try to eat liver once in awhile.  (That ain't gonna happen.)  I got my cholesterol numbers all back into range without taking any medication (which really surprised the doctor), I think by having oatmeal for breakfast at least 6 days a week.  We still have beef several times a week and don't forget our Italian sausage!  She had tried to prescribe Pravachol several times and I took it for a very short time.  One of the side effects of Pravachol is muscular/leg pain  and I have enough leg pain without taking some pill to cause more!  She finally agreed and gave up trying to force the issue.  This last blood work sealed the deal and Pravachol is a thing of the past!!  Unfortunately, the easiest way to improve the anemia would be a nice big salad every day which I'd love but can't have because of the Warfarin.  (It would help my weight, too)  There is always something, isn't there?  Can't take a multi-vitamin for that reason, too.  Too much Vit. K in multivitamins.    How about I just go sit in the sun for an hour every day?  Oh, yeah, I live in the Northeast and we don't have an hour of strong sunlight every day yet.
The shop opens in Cooperstown in 2 weeks and I've switched to baby socks just because they're easy to carry with me.  These 2 come from the same skein of yarn Supersocke 100 from OnLine that I got at an estate sale last fall.  It was a full, new skein and I could have used it to make a pair of socks for me but thought it would look good as baby socks.  These 2 socks show the length of the repeat.  I had to make 4 socks and match them up to make 2 pairs.  You'd never think they came from the same skein of yarn, would you?
These blue and white socks are from the same skein, too...you can see the repeat.  The red and pink was from another skein...that had just enough for a pair left.  The blue and green ones below are from the yarn left over from my socks.  It's a washable wool blend and they are the only ones that had a repeat short enough not to cause any waste.  The pink and green ones are a cotton blend. Cute, huh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet little socks...love the colors.
And I enjoy reading your posts on KnitTalk.
I am more of a lurker, but absolutely love reading all
of the interesting posts.
Happy Spring to you and your family.
Hugs, Beth in Burlingame,CA