Monday, March 14, 2016

Spending Money

     Spending money can be so much fun.  Yeah. Huh.  It cost me $308 to register and transfer the plates to the Forester.  I thought I was so lucky because my insurance company did not charge me to insure it...they just transferred the insurance from the Imprezza to the Forester...but the State more than made up for that!  Anyway, the Forester is now all nice and legal...except it has to be re-inspected within 10 days...but I can drive it!  It's wonderful to drive!!  I'm sitting up above the rest of the traffic and I love it!  I told Jeff it was like putting risers on the bed.  It's a lot easier to get in and out of it now!
    We celebrated by going out to lunch at Belly Busters,  then headed to Lowe's to check out the garden department and the kitchen stoves.  My income tax refund will be available in my  checking account tomorrow so we picked out the new kitchen stove.  It's a GE Glass Top that was on sale for $449.  GE Smooth Surface Freestanding 5.3-cu ft Self-Cleaning Electric Range (Black) (Common: 30-in; Actual: 29.87-in)We got the 5-yr protection plan (to save it from the effects of sulfur water fumes in the air) and with everything including a new cord, spent $619.50.  It will be delivered on Saturday (a good excuse for Jeff to clean off the porch) and the old stove will be taken away.  Now I can start planning Easter dinner and baking!!  Good bye, toaster oven, you did come in handy, but enough is enough!
   Last night I started another size 6mo cardigan.  This one is white with the flowers and lace pattern down the front.  I hope to finish it tonight and post the photos here.  I've got a new flower pattern that I think I'll use for the hat decoration.  Somehow I'm really getting into knitting for the shop right now!
   Good lord, there is a sink full of dirty dishes waiting to be done!  I guess I put them off long enough...I better get busy...then it's back to knitting!

No comments: