Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hello, December!

    We made it to December and you can still dig a hole in the garden...no snow and the ground is not frozen, yet.  In fact, it's raining today.  Kind of gray and cold.  The temperature is above freezing but not by much.  Just heard that some of the schools around Cooperstown had a delay opening this morning due to icy road conditions. 
   Jeff is still spending a couple a days a week cutting up pallets but he's stopped collecting them for now.  We've got enough piled up around here for now.  In fact, as soon as we stack what he has cut, we'll be off with the utility trailer to get a couple of cattle panels to build another woodshed.  Jeff figures we have enough pallets to fill half of a shed and the rest will be for the face cord of hard wood that we're planning to get from the wood stove store.  Hopefully, that will get us thru the winter...with the oil heat at night,  of course.                 
Small Gingerbread Men (w/Santa Hats behind them)
The Black Sheep is on the back!
   In the meantime, I've slowed up on knitting. I sold 9 hats and 4 sweaters in November opposed to 17 hats and 8 sweaters in October.  The Santa hats are popular now and I put 4 more in the shop yesterday along with another Black Sheep hoodie but that may be the last one for the season.  I'm scheduled to work only once more this season...on Sunday...and Steve, my 'runner', works once after that so those are the only 2 opportunities I'll
have to restock.  That's not so bad, either, because I
haven't started knitting Christmas presents yet.  In fact, I got the email notice this morning that my yarn order was shipped at 4:32 am today.  How long do you think it will it take it to get here from Massachusetts?  Oh, yeah, the giant Gingerbread man  sold on Sunday, too, so I put in the 2 small Gingerbread men yesterday. That's definitely all that I'll do of them for this year!! 

1 comment:

purrl3 said...

Your hoodie is adorable! Hope someone who deserves it gets it!!