Saturday, December 5, 2015

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like....

      Had to re-stock the mouse mazes this morning.  Around 11pm last night one of Mickey's cousins tried to naw it's way into the pantry closet...or my closet, couldn't tell which.  Fanny fled...she refused to be in my room until the clawing sounds stopped...with me right behind her!  It was so loud I was sure the mouse's head would pop thru the wall any second but after 5 or 10 minutes it went away.  Jeff was on the PC in his room and came down the hall knocking on the wall trying to intimidate the little rat.  It worked and the noises stopped.  Jeff laughs at me...and Fanny...for being so skittish.  He can't understand how something so small as a field mouse can be so scary to the dog and me.
   I can't say I've started decorating for Christmas since I don't do much and don't put away what I do after the season's over.  I have about a dozen of Mom's crystal trees on the shelf above the TV with a garland and lights behind it.  The shelves are in the original entrance to the house creating an alcove/open closet on the house side and a shelf unit on the TV room side.  You can see thru it and the display looks good from both directions...as long as I remember to dust from both sides of the shelf... especially when lit which I've started doing that this week.  I had to get a new extension cord because the one that was there disappeared (now, who'd take it??) but the new one has a button to turn on the lights that makes it easy to use.  I put our family motif (a ciucciu /cooch)...in glass, a donkey-pulled wagon, in the display this year with the wagonbed full of mini-wrapped packages. (Actually, they're 3-D stickers that I put together to give them color on both sides.  The package held 12 but the way I've got them put together I ended up with 6...which fits in the wagon bed nicely after I filled it with poly pellets.) The rest of the trees...9 or 10 of them...are with the glass snowmen on the piano.  There's a stand of lights around that...with another new extension cord.  That's about the extent of my Christmas decorations. Oh, there's a large glass apothecary jar filled with red glass Christmas balls on the mantel, too.  None of this stuff gets put away, I just stop turning on the lights.
   I got word the other day that one of the size 6 months sweaters...a blue one with the duck motif...sold.  That leaves 3 and unless another one sells today I'm not going to worry about replacing it this year.  I'll probably get to the shop tomorrow and find that all the Santa hats are gone but since Steve works next week I can send some down with him.  I've got 1 1/2 socks finished for Jeff that are not a Christmas present so I've got to get busy and finish them and start knitting for Christmas.  I love the yarn I ordered but don't know if I want to use it for what I ordered it for.  (Occupational hazard.)  So I ordered more sock yarn from Skeino and if I like that I may order more.  There is never enough yarn, just not enough time!!

No comments: