Sunday, December 20, 2015

Will It Ever Look Like Christmas?

   It is cold and gray outside today.  Yesterday there was blue sky and sunshine and the Tug Hill...Boonville...and Speculator got about 5" each while we got nothing until late afternoon and then it just sprinkled snow.  The temperatures this week are suppose to rise steadily to 50 on Christmas Eve! But with no snow!  At least the skiers can go north for their fun.  I wish Mother Nature would just decide which season we were in and stick to it.  This back and forth is murder on my arthritis.
   Jeff started a 2nd woodshed the other day and is outside right now finishing the bracing for it. 
The compost bins will have to be moved a little.


Actually the front is square, I'm off!
Once it's all nice and steady I'll be drafted to help cover it with the plastic...something I'm not looking forward to.  The only gloves I could find yesterday when Fanny and I went for the mail were my work gloves.  They are warm...if a little bulky. I think I may have to knit myself a pair of gloves.
   Jeff came in ranting about that 'damn dog' a few minutes ago.  Since she was sleeping in the chair next to me here in the parlor I wondered what she had done.  He had just seen a white animal about her size running thru the woods along her latest 'Magellan' (or exploration) trail who didn't pay any attention to his call.  He isn't sure what the animal could have been...a coyote, mink, weasel?  No wonder Fanny's been so interested in that trail.
   I'm still waiting for my last yarn order to be delivered.  The company said it would arrive between Dec. 17 and 22 and I think tomorrow will be the day.  That will leave me just enough time to knit a pair of socks for Jeff.  I hope.
   Yesterday I mailed the 5 Christmas cards I had...had to buy stamps (!!!) and decided enough of that.  This morning I sent Facebook greetings/cards to the rest of my list.  To be honest, the Facebook card was prettier than the actual cards and they'll get delivered faster.  As long as everyone knows they're being thought of...
   I've promised myself I'd do pinulata or honey clusters this afternoon. That's the only baking I'm doing for Christmas.  I bought 2 trays of cookies at the church bazaar and that will be it.  The more there is the more we'll eat and let's be honest, we don't need it.  Still got to get some candy to fill in the spaces and put in my gift bags but that will have to wait until Wed. or Thursday.  The brakes on my car went yesterday and we're a one car family now.  Good timing, huh?  Could of happened tomorrow as we drove down the hill into Cooperstown(or Mohawk) since Jeff has an appointment.  Oh, well.  Time to start a fire in the stove.  It's getting cold in here!  Who's playing football this afternoon?  I've got knitting to finish. 

No comments: