Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Things are Looking UP

My luck has finally changed. Jeff and I went to Clinton today to check out a 2002 Subaru Forester (same make/model/year as my wrecked one) but were disappointed.  The body was in good shape but there was something going on with the rear end mechanically that Jeff didn't like.  And the dealer would not discuss lowering the asking price.  We decided not to get that car after all.  On the way home we stopped at Frank's Mohawk Motors and finalized the deal for the 1999 Subaru Outback (my all time favorite Subaru model in my all time favorite color...navy & silver) that we saw last week.  They'll do all the paper work...except the insurance...for me. Got a good deal, too.  When we got home the body man Wally had recommended... and we went to see last night... came over to look at the car.  He gave us an estimate that nearly knocked Jeff over!  We will be getting the '99 and fixing my '02 all with the insurance check that was waiting for me when we got home. There may even be a little left over...maybe enough for a new digital camera?
                                                                                                 

No comments: