Monday, July 15, 2013

Oh, What A Day!

Today started out beautiful...sunny with a light breeze.  I had errands to do and needed to stop at Walmart for some ice and ice tea mix. It's been so hot and we've been drinking so much ice tea I can't keep up making ice.  I stopped at the bank to cash a check and joked with the teller that I was headed to Walmart just to wander around in 'air conditioned' glory.  Unfortunately I spoke too soon.  I barely got 2 blocks away from the bank when some old man in a big GMC truck blew a stop sign and t-boned by Subaru Forester on the corner of Prospect and Church Sts, probably totaling it.  Luckily I wasn't hurt...just the passenger door and window, and the windshield, maybe bending the frame.   I called 911 to report what happened and another woman called the local police to report it, too, coz she saw the truck blew the stop sign.  The old man was shaken...and very apologetic...but unhurt.  I called Jeff and was ok until I saw him walking towards me and then I lost it and started to cry.  The car was being towed to Skinner's on Rte 5 by the cemeteries and the driver offered us a ride.  After talking with a nice lady at Skinner's, Jeff and I went across the street to Donna's Diner for lunch and something cold to drink and then went back to Skinner's for a promised ride home.  Later I talked again to my All State agent, the Enterprise Rental place and the police.  I'm going to pick up a copy of the accident report tomorrow and a rental car...on the other driver's insurance coz he's supposedly getting a ticket. Then it's just wait until the powers that be decided to fix or not.  And if not, how much money are they going to give me.  And to think today started out so nice.

No comments: