Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Wait is Over

And the wait is over.   Yesterday I missed a phone call from the other guy's insurance (I'm tired of avoiding it's name but it's the same as the mascot for the community college I attended) so I called back.  Got some guy's voice mail and left my message.  No response so I called again this morning.   Had to leave another message so I called the original contact number for the company.  Finally got to talk with a person (!!) who told me that my claim was with a settlement officer...that must be who I had been leaving voice mail for...and I should hear from him soon.  Then I called my insurance agent who promised to try and learn something.  Skinner's called a few minutes ago to let me know they finally got paid by the other company for towing and storage. (Their check was dated 7/24 and they received it today! Should we blame the US Postal Service for that??) Anyway, they just brought my poor, bruised car back to us.  Jeff wants to see for himself what condition it's in.  I could hardly look at it...I started to hyperventilate...had to come back inside the house! (We were so lucky I hadn't picked Jeff up before the accident. He would have ended up in the hospital for sure.)  Wally and Jeff looked it over and think it could be fixed. While we were all looking at our poor car, the other insurance company called again.  He had a few questions and then some answers.  My car's worth $5897.34 minus the salvage price of $843.20. (I'm not salvaging it.)  I accepted the offer and the check will be Fed-Xed to me tomorrow.  Wally and Jeff think it might cost $1000-1500 to fix it so that's something we'll be looking at.  I've been searching online for a comparable Subaru and found one in Clinton.  Jeff and I are going to go check it out tomorrow. Maybe we'll keep both cars on the road, I checked with my insurance agent and my insurance would go up about $30/month.  It would be nice to have a working spare out here...at the very worst, it would be something we could cannibalize for parts if necessary.  

This morning I was trying to finish my sweater order by working on the hat and snapped the  acrylic size US6 changeable tip on the circular needle I was using. Guess I had it in a death grip.  Good thing I didn't have to have a INR done this week!! The stress of this accident might have pushed my clotting numbers off the chart!  Oh-oh, I do have to have one done... on Friday. Hope the numbers are good.

No comments: