Sunday, July 28, 2013

And the Wait Goes On!

The wait goes on. Got a phone call from the car rental place Monday afternoon telling me the other guy's insurance company had finally had OK-ed the rental and I could get a car the next morning.  We arranged for them to pick me up...and they even waived the security fee coz an insurance company was involved. Got a Chevy Scion...a little thing, good on mileage but I still miss my Subaru!  Jeff and I have been looking at cars...found some Subaru's, too...just have to wait for the settlement to make a deal.  My cousin Pete, who is an insurance lawyer, offered last Tuesday to see what was happening.  My insurance guy told him a settlement was going to be offered but if there is still no sign of it tomorrow I think I'll call him myself and inquire about this mythical settlement. 

Jeff's been building raised-bed boxes out of pallets he's taken apart and used all the compost/soil he had filling them. When we get a car switching the trailer hitch will be one of the first things he'll have to do so he can go get more compost to fill the empty boxes! He's scheduled to have another round of procedures done on his back August 5th and would like the boxes already in the garden to be filled by then.He's not pleased with the garden this year...oh, things are growing but the fruits are small and slow to ripen. We have green tomatoes and peppers and a fair amount of squash blossoms but we haven't picked anything. The broccoli started to bolt in the heat so I cut those heads off and the plants are forming new heads. Got to keep an eye on them and pick them soon.  Our broccoli doesn't produce large heads like you see in the stores.   

I finally felt like knitting so I started a pair of socks for Jeff.  Didn't like the yarn at first but the self-striping is kind of neat.  I think he'll like them.  Got 2 other solid colored washable wool's waiting to be made into socks for him,too.  Did almost the entire foot of one sock yesterday...that's 10" of 64 sts on size US 2"s...watching Bones, Castle and Criminal Minds. I should turn the heel this morning and be ready to do the leg tonight. Hope there is something good on tv. I knit faster with action shows, don't know much I'll get done watching my usual Sunday night British dramas. At least my stock bag is full for the shop so I don't have to worry about that.  I'm scheduled to work Aug 9th. Have to wait until I get a new camera to post photos.

I told my mom about the accident the last time I visited her.  We were in the dining room...it was almost noon...and several other residents waiting for dinner were very interested in what I was saying.  In fact, when I visited her yesterday, those same folks asked about the car, me, what was happening, etc. surprising me. Don't think Josie liked liked their interest...especially since they were more interested in it than she had been!
 

No comments: