Friday, August 2, 2013

Another Chapter Ends

Today the saga of the T-Bone has finally come to an end. Began on 7/15 and ended today 8/2, a total of 19 days. Included supporting the Affordable Taxi Company, getting a rental car...finally from Enterprise... paid for by the National General Insurance Company (except for $62 of the extra coverage fees that I shouldn't have paid but I was alone and didn't know what would happen if I refused to pay it) and a decent settlement that allowed me to get a Subaru Outback from Mohawk Motors and and my Forester fixed.  We even had enough left over to go to Donna's Diner for fish fry tonight!  (Portions were huge and the meal was delicious as usual.)  All I have left to do is replace the camera.  Tonight we took Fanny for a ride in the car...she hasn't been allowed in the rental...and she missed her evening ride. You know, nose out the window, ears being blown back, eyes squeezed shut. Typical happy dog.

Got one of the new socks for Jeff finished.  Some of the ladies at the nursing home where Mom is couldn't believe it took an entire skein (50g) of yarn to do one sock.  But you've got to remember, the man wears a size 12 shoe and is 6'3", that means the foot of the sock is 12" long and the top (or leg) is at least 14" or until the yarn runs out!  I'm scheduled to work in the shop in Cooperstown on Friday and I think I may do a couple of pumpkin hats just to get ahead.  Maybe I'll even call the shop tomorrow and see if any sweaters sold.

Had to have an INR done today and of course my numbers were out of range...but only.25 (3.75 instead of 3.5) so no change in the dose of 'rat poison' (warfarin) but I have to go back next Thursday and have it done again. I'm beginning to think yoga or at least meditation might be something I should try to keep my numbers in range since I do not seem to have a quite, calm life. Jeff's having the 2nd procedure on his back started on Monday. Hope it goes as well as the other side went in June. 

No comments: