Monday, August 5, 2013

If Only there had been a camera

Today Jeff had an appointment to have the procedure done on the other side of his back.  I had gotten my knitting bag ready early and headed out with plenty of time to make his appointment. But as soon as the door clicked closed behind me, I knew my keys were still in the house...tied to my purse instead of the knitting bag.  I tried to open the window on the porch but it's nailed shut.  The windows on the deck were locked...from the inside.  That left the bedroom windows.  I hauled the old step ladder to one of the windows outside my room, pushed the windows & screen up and figured out how to climb in...crawl in is a better description.  I got as high as I could go on the ladder, steadied myself on the window sill...and it broke off, rotted thru.  Tried again, leaned over into the room, pushed things out of the way and fell into the room.  The dog went the other way...some watch dog she is! I was wedged between the bed and the window and it took a couple of minutes to roll around and get to my feet.  I shut the windows, dusted myself off and headed out the door...this time with the keys in my hand!  My cell phone was dead or wouldn't work and by the time I picked up Jeff he was pacing in front of his building and we were late.  I took full responsibility and the nurses were quite nice. I'm sure it would have been some photo...my legs sticking out of the window as I went in!  I ache all over now...guess I don't have what it takes to make a habit of going in thru windows.

OTN:  a lt blue size 6mo cardigan with a train (red caboose, black engine, yellow and bright blue cars) going around the body just above the bottom ribbing.  I love doing size 6mo...only takes a day or two to do a sweater!  We went fishing at the Frankfort Marina yesterday and my train chart... and a couple of others all in the same plastic sleeve...went flying into the water and had to be 'hooked' to be saved.  I carefully peeled the 3 sheets apart and dried out my charts so nothing was lost.

A trip to Lowe's after lunch got some of what Jeff needed and now he's busy building a compost sift.  I think I'm going to sneak a little nap...hope I don't dream about going thru windows!!

No comments: