Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How the Garden Grows

All the long hours and hard work that Jeff's been spending in the garden has started to pay off.  Last night he picked a zucchini, flat Italian beans and some hot peppers.  I sliced, egged and breaded the zucchini and put it in the oven with a little olive oil. The beans and hot peppers were diced with some green onion tops and sauteed in olive oil an butter. I fried chicken...Italian or Angie's style... and did a couple of oven roasted potatoes.  Everything came out perfect...and we dined as if we were in a gourmet restaurant!  And there were no leftovers! The zucchini and green beans were garden fresh and tasted it...and the peppers!  (How could things so small be so hot!!) What a difference garden fresh makes!  Now if the tomatoes would ripen....

OTN:  finished 2 size 6mo sweater sets (a Little Girl Chic in gray and pink, and a black sheep in honeydew green with a purple trim) to take to the shop tomorrow.  Today I tried to work on baseball hats but didn't get far.  They are so boring to work on I had trouble knitting for any length of time.  I should get one finished  tonight...I'll take the yarn and work on another at the shop.

I will be so glad when I get a new camera... to replace the one smashed in the T-bone (and not covered by the other guy's insurance.)  I miss adding photos to this blog.


No comments: