Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vacation Over, Retirement Set To Begin

My week of pre-retirement vacation is about over and now I'll be officially 'retired'. I hope that means I'll develop a new work-ethic "let things be" but I think my 'to do' list will continue to be longer than ever!

Took Fanny to the vet's this morning. Our persistent chewer made herself sick gnawing on old
leather desert boots and what ever else she could find. The count for the destroyed doggie toys went up again as she destroyed the hard rubber ball around a rope knot. Right now she's limited to a nylon bone. At our $145 visit with the vet this morning, Fanny was tested (negative) and vaccinated for Lyme Disease, given an antibiotic coz she has a slight elevated temp, and given some gastro-calming chews. (Notice how the language has changed to sound more like a human condition?) Anyway, I hope those gastro-calming chews help and she stops eating grass and vomiting it. And the diarrhea can end, too. She was adorable and cuddly at the vet's and has won the hearts of all who met her. (Of course, they hadn't been cleaning up after her all morning.) Right now she's asleep on my bed (which is covered with an old sheet). No doubt planning what to chew next.

Jeff and I are going to go garage sale-ing this morning in Herkimer. It's way too hot to stay out long but we'll see what's available. He thinned and transplanted beets last night but they look rather wilted this morning.

No comments: