Wednesday, June 13, 2012

THE NEWEST MEMBER TO THE FAMILY???


Today Jeff suggested stopping again at the Herkimer County Humane Society shelter to see what dogs they had. We've been there a couple of times and while the dogs were great they were a little too energetic to have around Mom. Today they had 2 dogs that we both liked: a male beagle mix and a female cattle dog mix. The beagle was very excited to see us...or the treats the attendant gave us to give him...and was a nice small dog. The female was a little more timid, maybe coz she was recovering from being spayed. Anyway, the female won my heart and I filled out an application to adopt her. Had to give 2 references! Took this photo of her... Elena, a name that will change...to show Mom. Now we have to wait for them to call and say I can have her. In the meantime I have to come up with a new name. Any suggestions?

After Fran's funeral tomorrow I'd like to get away for a couple of hours, maybe go to the shop in Cooperstown to restock for this 1st big weekend of the season (Old Timer's Game, parade & golf tourney) but I think my escape may have to wait another day. Mom will be exhausted, physically and emotionally from the ordeal, and will be hard to handle by the end of the day. I think my escape may be limited to sitting and watching the garden grow. Thank God for Jeff. I know I'm not coping very well and without him the situation would be a lot worse. I think I upset some of my co-workers yesterday because I said no to a retirement party of any kind. With Mom the way she is and Fran's death, I'm not in a mood to celebrate. I just want my time at the library to be finished...quietly & quickly... and to go on to the next part of my life.

Speaking of what is finished, I'm ready to bind off my 2nd bb sweater and do the 2 hats to go with them. That's about as difficult a task as I want for tomorrow afternoon/evening.

No comments: