Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 4...I think

Fanny & Max taking a rest during their playdate (r)
Today is Day 4 with Fanny...I think. She's adjusting as well as an 8 month old dog can. The hard part has been the over-nights, trips out-side and new people. She's sleeping on a pile of blankets and sheets beside my bed...at least she starts out there. After 3 or 4 attempts to get on the bed and a small dog chewie she goes to sleep. When she wakes up we go outside...at 1am, 3am...you name it, and start the routine over again. Last night was different. She fell asleep...exhausted after her play date with Max (Jeff's sister's mini schnauzer)...and stayed on the floor...or so I thought. Guess I was exhausted after her play date, too, coz when I woke up around 6am she was curled up next to me on the bed. Never felt her jump up on to the bed! My bed is on risers so I thought it was too high for her to do. This morning she showed me how it's done. Sit on the floor facing the bed and suddenly spring up onto the bed. No effort at all. Maybe that's the Australian part of her (kangaroo??). Jeff's been chief instructor on going outside to do her business. He just keep walking her until she does it. It seems to work for her when I take her outside, too. Being left on the pulley line doesn't bother her but I can't tell when she's been out there long enough. I've always said I wanted a cleaner house when I retire and I seem to be getting part of my wish...the floors have been mopped a lot in these last 4 days!

It's been lightly raining this morning and the garden seems very green and growing. Hope so. We all have this summer cold/allergy thing and at least the rain means Jeff won't try to work out there. He did the weed whacking at Sherry's yesterday...not a great idea but who can stop him from doing what he deems necessary?....

I finished those 2 v-neck cardigans 2 weeks ago and fought the tourist traffic to get them into the shop for Old-Timer's Weekend but they didn't sell...until this last Friday and they both sold!! So I started another cardigan...this one white with royal blue pin stripes. Those pinstripes have always proved a problem. Some times they make the sweater look like prison stripes and I rip it out. This time I'm purling a single stitch in royal and it seems to be working. I have a MD appointment in Cooperstown on Thursday and I'm hoping to have it done so I can drop it off then.

No comments: