Monday, August 5, 2019

And The Forester Goes On!

      Jeff spent the majority of today flushing the radiator on the Forester...multiple times until the water came out as clear as it was poured in...instead of green-tinted with antifreeze.  (He had to let the engine heat up and cool off before he drained off the water each time.)  Then he mixed up a sealant and poured that in and let the engine heat it up.  Again he had to flush it out multiple times (again until the water ran clear) and now he has to let the radiator and the system air-dry overnight.  Tomorrow he'll flush it again several times and eventually add fresh antifreeze.  But before he could do any of this he had to find the 'out' sprout on the underside of the Forester.  It took a couple of videos on YouTube to locate it.  (You've got to remember, everything is on the opposite side with a Subaru and the sprout was actually a plug...with a Phillips screw head!)  While all this was happening our neighbor, Wally, who is a trained mechanic, stopped by and told Jeff that if there had been a cracked block antifreeze would have gotten into the oil pan. (Nothing there but oil!) Wally also told Jeff that we weren't the only customers of Hillslide that have been disappointed with their service lately.  He thinks it's the mechanics' not the owner who're making mistakes.  Anyway, Jeff is going to have a 'little talk' with Dave when he takes my payment down for the last job they did.  I don't care what Dave thinks but I'm not going to make it 'Paid in Full' right now, either.  I had to buy antifreeze, the sealant and a tank of gas so Jeff could keep the engine running while the process occurred, not to mention the stress of having the red engine hot light coming on repeatedly.  I'll pay the balance next month.
  Between carrying out gallons of water and glasses of soda for Jeff I managed to finish my Train Hoodie...except for the back zipper and all the buttons that are the train wheels!  I'll finish that when I can get to town and buy some more buttons!  Today I started another baseball hoodie but I won't need a zipper for that one.  It will be a size 4 and the Henley neck opening will be big enough to go over a kid's head.  (Photos to follow.)  I got word today that 
my Navy and White Pin-stripe Hoodie sold today, too.  I might try to get another one done before Labor Day...maybe.  Oh, and the baby sweater that was a special order that I had to mail to Indiana was delivered today.  The woman liked it and may want more sweaters!

No comments: