Saturday, August 10, 2019

Back to Normal....

    Yesterday was my day to work in the shop and I actually made it to Cooperstown.  The Forester drove beautifully!  Not a flashing red light on the dashboard the entire 35 mile trip!  I had planned extra time 'in case' and got to Cooperstown around 9:15am.  The 'FREE' 15-min parking space on the corner by the bakery was empty and I took that as a 'sign' to visit the bakery.  I had brought meatballs (leftover from supper the night before) for my lunch but needed a roll of some kind.  Then I decided as long as I was at the bakery how about a donut to go with what was left of my coffee?  One roll (which turned out to be delicious) and one Old-Fashion Glazed donut cost $3.  I think that was my once yearly stop at that bakery.  Delicious but expensive.
    I had gotten 2 hoodies almost finished this week so they were in my bag.  The Train Hoodie was a size 2, knit with Red Heart acrylic worsted on US7's.  I managed to get the back zipper sewed in
Thursday night and collected all the buttons.  Had to search thru my button boxes for the 2 small buttons for the engine so I sewed them on before I lost them.  The rest of the buttons went into the bag to be sewed on at the shop.  All the yarn ends had been worked in so there was nothing left to do but sew on the buttons.  So I did.
    Then it was time to finish the Red-White-Blue Baseball Hoodie.  It's a size 4, knit with Red Heart
worsted weight acrylic yarn on US7's.  I hadn't gotten to the bottom ribbing yet...it's on a US5...and I couldn't put it off any longer so after lunch I started ribbing.  124 stitches on US5's with worsted yarn isn't usually too hard on my hands but when I'm finishing my second sweater in 4 days my left thumb didn't agree.  I finally got it finished and sewed on the 3 baseball buttons on the Henley neck.  Most of the yarn ends had already been worked in so I just made sure there were none left just handing there.  
   Jeff had told me to call home when I got to the shop and when I did he said I should check the water level in the car's radiator after it cooled off.  I checked it after 4pm and had to put in some water...not much...and made it home without that red light flashing.  I walked into the house to the aroma of a pork pot roast in the crock pot...but it wasn't quite finished cooking and wouldn't be until 7:30 or so, so I suggested we go to Crazy Otto's for supper.  (Pork crock pot roast will be for supper tonight!)  I have a WCNY ConnectCard and entries are '2 for 1' at Otto's.  Last week Jeff got stuffed peppers but this week we both got fish fry.  We have definitely found a new favorite spot for fish fries!
   I'm suppose to work in the shop on again this Friday and I think it may be time for another Pin-stripe Hoodie...if I buy the yarn today!  It will be the last baseball sweater for a while because it will use the last 3 BB buttons I have.  That means either a trip to JoAnn Fabrics or an order to the button company for more buttons before I can do any more.  Gee, what a nice excuse not to do anymore baseball sweaters right away.  Ah, well, we'll see.  

No comments: