Saturday, January 5, 2019

It's A Dog's Life



   Zoey and Fanny got dressed up for Christmas this year and let me take photos of them wearing their new hats.  Neither was too very pleased with the idea but they posed anyway.  As soon as the flash went

 off Zoey wanted to chew the head band!  Fanny didn't care for the band but she just put up with it.  Next year we'll try again.  At least, I only spent $1...at The Dollar Tree...for the hat.  Maybe next year I'll buy another and they can each have one...to destroy.
     Speaking of destroying things, this is what Zoey did to a $50 bill the other night.  Jeff had given me some money and I had put it in my mom's big, old



wooden jewelry box on my night table.  The lid was down but that didn't stop Zoey.  I walked into my room to find money all over my bed and this bill in pieces!  (Luckily, I was able to find enough pieces to put back together so the bank would accept it.)  I yelled when I saw what she had done and she peed on the floor.  Jeff got mad at me and nothing was solved.  Zoey is a thief, and a pee-er when excited.  I showed the bill to the girls at the library yesterday and they got a laugh out of it.  So did the bank teller.  At least the only pieces that were missing were on either side of Grant's head.  The serial number was intact,
  The star of today's Doggie Do was Fanny, for a change.  I had given the girls some of their Christmas rawhide treats and she had finished hers.  I had told Jeff not to let Fanny take Zoey's if Zoey walked away from hers'  and that's what happened.  When Jeff tried to take it away from Fanny,  she just clamped her mouth shut and refused to let go.  No amount of ordering, threatening or pleading was going to make her open her mouth and give it up.  Ended up I held on to her collar and Jeff used a piece of kindling wood to pry her jaw open.  No growls or snarls, she just held on.  I praised her strongly (and sneaked her a treat) when she finally gave it up.  It's always something with those dogs.  Worse than kids.
(Zoey had to have a treat, too.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dog Life Now - Now Make Best Life Blog For Dog
https://doglifenow.org/