Thursday, May 31, 2018

Housetraining the Puppy

     We are in the final stages of housetraining Zoey the beagle puppy.  All of the pee pads have been
removed except 2...kitchen and TV room...but she seems to be skipping them and choosing to use the living room and my bedroom floor!  This morning when she woke me up...at 6:45am...we walked quickly to the door and went outside w/o any mishaps.  Both dogs were out there for about half an hour when Fanny let herself in.  Jeff went out and got Zoey about 15 minutes later.  The dogs and I went back to bed for a nap and when Zoey got up again...about 8:30am...I followed her and caught her using the living room floor.  Jeff disciplined her and put her outside again.  When she came in she checked the backyard from her window perch next to my computer then stretched out for a nap in the chair.  A little while ago she got up, played with Fanny, ran into my room and got on my bed.  I just walked into my room, saw a small puddle on the floor and said "oh, no" when Zoey jumped off the bed and dove under it to hide!  Jeff came in and pulled her out and disciplined her (again) and put her back outside.  She's inside again and he's trying to 'talk' to her.  I sure hope she decides to listen soon.  I'm getting mighty tired of the smell of "Mr. Clean".

No comments: