Friday, June 15, 2018

Life in the Great Northeast!

   Life has been quiet here in the little house in the little woods.  Zoey, the beagle puppy (should I still call her that?  She's almost 13 months old?) is still struggling with housetraining.  She now knows to go to the door when she wants to go outside but she seems to forget why she wanted to go out and after being outside for any length of time playing with Fanny, the older dog, or trying to follow a scent across the yard...even up to an hour...when she comes in she makes a 'deposit' on the floor, usually in the parlor or in my room.  I kept using pee pads there after we stopped putting them all over the house so Jeff says she's looking for her pee pad.  He blames me...says I 'trained' her to use those areas.  She doesn't use the kitchen or TV room where there were pee pads just the parlor and my room.  I think she's associating the smell of "Mr. Clean" with the place 'to go' so I'm going to try a different cleaner and see if that helps.  I've never had a dog that took so long to catch on to the program.  I know she knows she's done something wrong coz when I catch her 'making a deposit' all I have to say is "Oh, Zoey!" and she curls her tail under and tries to slink away.  I hope it all starts making sense to her...SOON!
   While sales in the shop have generally been brisk, anything 'Baby' especially my hats and sweaters are barely selling.  The bigger size sweaters aren't selling, either.  I've been working on a couple of shawls and hope to finish them this week so I can take them down next Thursday when I work again.  Having 292 stitches on the needle is hard on my left thumb...although I'm right handed, it's the digit that moves the work along. 
   Jeff's trying to replace a  transmission belt on the Cub Cadet.  The owner's manual isn't very helpful so he's watching videos on YouTube.  I can't believe you have to take the mowing deck off to get to it!
  We've both been fighting colds this past week and if you know either of us very well, you remember how well we can cough.  Wednesday night I think we both coughed more than we slept!  Last night was a little better but it's still not a restful night.  What do they say about summer colds?  Yea, they are worse than winter ones! Add to the lousy way we feel, it's been very damp and cool...no, cold, the last few days and the furnace even came on during the night!  It doesn't make it comfortable to have a June cold in the Great Northeast.
   

No comments: