Monday, May 21, 2018

Life Goes On

My shrugs compliment Sharon Gibbons' sundresses
   I finished the shrugs I'd been working on and took them to the shop with plenty of time for Spring Fling this past weekend but the weather did not cooperate and it rained.  Sales on Saturday...when the parking lot was suppose to be full of spring flingers...was not what we were hoping for.  Oh, well, there's always next weekend...Memorial Day!  I've been working on some toddler-size hats as well as the baby-size I
usually do and plan on taking them down this week to fill in the spaces in the hat display.  Sweaters have not sold at all this spring.  Very disappointing.
   Zoey's been perfecting her 'thief' skills.  The other day I went into my bedroom intending to get the card wallet out of my purse but the pocket it was suppose to be in was empty. 

The outside pocket was empty!

 The zipper had been opened and Zoey was lying on the bed chewing away!  Luckily, she hadn't been able to chew thru the layers and damage any of the cards (driver's license, health insurance cards, credit cards, etc.) except my library card.  And that card doesn't have to be scanned or run thru a machine, the numbers just have to be legible.  The library aide and I had a good laugh but now I have to make sure the zipper is totally closed when I hang my purse on the closet doorknob!

   Zoey has become our 'Early Canine Warning System'.  She sits on the chair in the window of my room peeking out from under the curtain...looks like Megan Markel's wedding veil...and announces when someone is turning into our driveway, going past our house, driving on Smallsbush Rd--going down the hill, etc.  She takes her job very seriously.  Fanny use to be like that, too, but as she got older I think she decided it wasn't worth the effort to announce every car or person who went by.  It's still new to Zoey and she must find it exciting.  I usually remember to tie back the curtains because I'm just not sure she won't pull them down by accident some day. 
   Jeff got bite by a tick Saturday.  After rolling around trying to work on the Cub Cadet I'm not surprised!  He checked Fanny and found one on her head and I had to use the tick comb and remove it.  Zoey enjoys being checked for ticks (Fanny doesn't) when they come in from playing outside.  So far I haven't found any on her.  I suppose once I do...and have to remove it...she won't like being checked anymore.  Another fun activity living in the country.
    Jeff had to prune one of the old lilac trees my mother's oldest sister's husband, Frank Fiala, gave her when my parents bought this house in 1962 because it was badly damaged in that last weird storm we had this year.  I didn't think any of it would blossom this year but he just cut these blossoms off from the broken branches!   I really don't have any
idea how old the tree is but my aunt was 20 years older than my mom and they had been living in their house on Bellinger St for as long as I could remember.  Mom always loved this lilac and so do I.  I think I'll put this bunch in my bedroom...high above Zoey head...wonder what it will do for my allergies?  Aw, it'll be worth it!


No comments: