Monday, May 7, 2018

Saturday in the Shop



   I worked in the shop on Saturday and had these 2 girls' shrugs finished to take with me.  They were made to coordinate with the sundresses by Sharon Gibbons.  The top shrug is a size 4-5 hand-knit with Red Heart Flamingo, a 100% acrylic yarn on US7's.  The bottom picture is a size 2-3 shrug done in Red Heart Genadina , also a 100% acrylic yarn on US7's.  I didn't get the 3rd shrug finished but hope to get to it today.  It's a size 4-5 done in Red Heart Pool, a 100% acrylic deep teal.  I also have a skein of Spring Green and Dark Orchid waiting to be made into shrugs, too.  Hopefully, I'll have them done by next Monday when I work in the shop again.  
   I also took a Baseball hat and it sold to a lady visiting from Louisiana.  It was going to be part of a christening gift (with a crocheted baseball and bat rattle).  I'd like to do a couple more BB hats before Monday.  They sure go fast!! 
   My friend Maggie stopped in on her way home from work at the Farmer's Museum and we got to visit for awhile.  It's sure nice to be able to talk with an old friend, isn't it?  It really perked me up!  Friday night had been rough here in the little house in the little woods.  We were under a tornado watch and the wind was strong most of the night.  Branches kept breaking around us and every time there was a loud bang Fanny, the older, larger dog, would wake up barking, and run thru the house looking for a safe spot to hide.  Zoey would then wake up and take off after her baying like crazy.  Did not make it very easy to sleep.  Jeff had gone to town and until he came home Fanny kept her little routine going.  I was not a happy camper by the time he did get home.  I think I ended up with 4 or 5 hours sleep.  Not enough to work in the shop properly.  I know I screwed up the closing.  I couldn't get the cash drawer to add up the same way twice!!  Finally I just left it and hoped I wasn't too far off.  
   This morning our friend, Tim, sent me some photos of his daughter's wedding in Florida and I copied and pasted them to send to Maggie so I decided to try and paste one or 2 here.  I don't know how long they'll last because they're coming off of Facebook.  Oh, well, Lauren was a beautiful bride and I hope this photo lasts a couple of weeks at least!




No comments: