Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Royal Wedding...and Other things

   Fanny got me up about 5am on Saturday because she 'had to go' so while the dogs were outside and the coffee was brewing, I turned on the TV...BBCAmerica, of course...to watch the wedding.  The hats and the colors the guests were wearing sure put American women to shame!  But the color combo I like the best was being worn by the Queen!  Her lime green and purple outfit looked great...so I dug into my yarn bag and found what was left of the Apple Green Red Heart worsted that I used for one of the shrugs and sat down and started a hat.  I had just enough yarn and thought it was close enough to be called lime!  There was plenty of the Dark Orchid Red Heart for a knit rose but I had to really scrounge for a couple of days to find something to use for leaves.  Ended up finding just enough Forest Green to make 2 small leaves. 
I got the hat finished yesterday and I'm very pleased with the results.  Hope someone else likes it as much as I do and buys it!  I managed to find some raspberry yarn to make another rose for the 2nd hat I did Saturday...that one was in

Red Heart's Pond.  I was really trying to use up what was left from the shrugs.  Both of these hats are slightly bigger than the usual baby hats.  They will fit little girls up to 2 years old.  Hats are the only things that I've been selling at the shop so I want to keep the display full.  Gray's been a good seller so I did

another gray hat...this time a baby hat.  I was thinking of doing a Baseball Hat to fit a 2 year old but I'm not sure it would sell.  (It ended up being today's project.  I just finished them!  8:45pm, 5/24/18)
I'd like to take the hats to the shop tomorrow or Friday morning ...after all, nothing sells from my knitting bag hanging on the back of a chair in the kitchen. 

No comments: