Friday, May 4, 2018

May the 4th be with you!

    May the 4th be with you!  I can't believe it's May 4th!  What happened to April?  Ok, it wasn't very remarkable...a lot of the same old, same old... lousy weather, car problems, dogs needing to see the vet, trips to the doctors for the humans...but I thought it was never going to end!  And suddenly it's May 4th!  WOW!  Talk about time flying!  
   I've had the windows open the last couple of days and Zoey's been sitting on the cedar chest next to my computer in front of one.  One corner of the screen is now pushed out of the frame and I don't know if she did it or not.  I even found her sitting there last night...around 11pm...in the dark with her nose against the screen!  It had just started to rain hard so I was up shutting windows.  I don't think she approved but she didn't complain.  Fanny was laying next to Jeff's computer...I think she heard/felt thunder in the distance...and was ignoring me.  Zoey just came to bed with me and curled up...she didn't seem to be bothered by thunder or rain.  When I woke up this morning both dogs were on my bed so I guess Fanny got over her nervousness eventually.
   I've been trying to fill up my space in the shop with something that will sell.  (My total sales for April was 1 Baseball Hat.)  It was suggested that I make some little girl shrugs to coordinate with the little girl sundresses that we carry. I've done that in the past so I agreed.  Sharon, the crafter who sews the dresses, sent me the fabric samples and I took them with me when I went shopping for yarn.  I found several colors that were new this year that picked out something from those samples.  I've finished 2 shrugs so far...one each, a size 2 and 4...and have another size 4 on the needles.  I hope to get another size 2 done before I go to the shop to work on Sunday.  (Got to get some of those Baseball Hats done, too!  If nothing else, they sell!)  Here's the size 2 shrug done in Red Heart Grenadina, a
100% acrylic yarn that is
machine wash and dryable.  And that's the
fabric sample pictured with it.  They matched rather well, don't they?  The 2nd shrug is a size 4 in Red Heart Flamingo and the size 4 on the needles with Red Heart Pool, a deep aqua. I've got a skein of Red Heart Spring Green in my stash somewhere that I had to hide from Zoey (she kept stealing it out of the Walmart bag as it hung on the back of a kitchen chair!) and now I can't find it.  It's there, just got to dig a little!
  

   

No comments: