Sunday, August 6, 2017

What Happened to Summer?

     Seems summer has left us.  At least the warm temperatures are gone.  Sure hope they come back soon...maybe not back to the near 90's we had at the end of last week, but how about the low 80's?  
    Yesterday would have been a perfect day to knit except for one thing...a 9 almost 10 week old beagle puppy.  If Zoey sees yarn in my hands, she tries to steal it.  I've tried slapping her and saying NO firmly.  Doesn't work.  I put my WIP in a plastic bag and try to knit with the yarn coming out the top...but I'm using 3 balls of white and 4 balls of navy and they get tangled up quickly!  It's slow going!!  Once the sleeves are done it will be just 2 balls of navy and 1 white and that will go much faster!
    Zoey still hasn't gotten the hang of pee pads.  She seems to think 2 paws on one is ok, or running over one just before squatting is ok, so her hit or miss ratio is about 1/4.  I make a big deal out it when she does hit the pad but I don't think she's connected the praise and petting with the squat and squirting. 
    Last night Zoey and Fanny went to bed with me around 10pm.  We all crashed on my bed and Zoey curled up and was asleep on the hassock between my bed and the west window before I was even in bed!  She stayed there until Fanny was stretched out across the bed and asleep and then she crawled over next to her.  This morning she was curled up between Fanny and me.  I think as it got cooler during the night she moved closer.  Fanny wanted to go out around 6am and when she came in I gave them both breakfast...dog biscuits with peanut butter. They played Tug of War, It's Mine, and Tag until almost 9am when Fanny came to me and jumped on my bed.  (A sign of 'I'm beat.  Get that puppy away from me!')  I picked up Zoey and she tried to snuggle up to Fanny who voiced she wasn't in the mood with a loud snarl so Zoey picked a pillow instead.  And we all went back to sleep for a couple of hours. Fanny wanted to go out again so Jeff took them both out.  He said Fanny took care of her business and then sat on the steps and watched as Zoey took Jeff for a romp around the house.  Zoey likes it outdoors and will sit on the back of the couch in the TV room looking out the windows with her nose to the screen.
  The 3 of them (Fanny, Zoey and Jeff) had been playing 'It's Mine' with a stuffed toy, a BB bat that Fanny got in a Bark Box.  Fanny and Jeff had been playing Tug of War with it when Zoey came along and decided it was hers and the game became 'It's Mine'.  Now it's quiet as the 3 of them seem to have crashed.  Zoey is on the pillow under my computer with her horde of
bones...what she takes away from Fanny regularly every day.  There's one more short bone somewhere but
someone seems to have hidden it for the moment. And yes, she carries those long bones around even though one of them weighs almost as much as she does.
    I suppose I should take advantage of the quiet and get some knitting done but I'd rather run away for a couple of hours.  I think I'm beginning to know how some new mothers feel.  I've said it before and I'm saying it again, I'm too old for a baby or a puppy!

No comments: