Thursday, August 31, 2017

Cataracts...To Remove or Not?

   It looks like my cataract procedures are back on.  Early this month I saw Dr Manns at Bassett in Cooperstown but he wasn't satisfied with the results of my right eye so I had to go back for more tests.  Finally he was satisfied with the test results and ok-ed the procedures.  The Scheduling Office called a few days later to tell me the right eye would be done at Little Falls Hospital in 2 weeks and the left eye 3 weeks later at Fox Memorial in Oneonta.  I said NO Way.  Little Falls is the most convenient location for us, it's only 6 or 7 miles from the house, so I was glad to have the right eye done there but I was willing to go to Cooperstown, too.  The 2nd procedure was too far away in distance (over 50 miles) and time.  Because I have to take Warfarin for my mechanical heart valve, I'm going to have to bridge on and off of Heparin (which is an injection) and I'm not going to shoot myself in the stomach for longer than I have to. And it seems Dr. Manns doesn't have 2 open dates closer together at Little Falls or Cooperstown.  Now I have to see another ophthalmologist, Dr. Lamanski, next month in Cooperstown before they can schedule my procedures.  I'm not all that sure about having the cataracts taken care in the first place, so this new bump doesn't have me excited at all.  

No comments: