Thursday, August 3, 2017

A Hot August Day

   I worked in the shop in Cooperstown yesterday and it started off hot and slow.  I got all the outside chores done quickly and settled in to knit.  I really needed to produce a couple of baseball hats (that's all that had sold for me over Induction Weekend) so I cast on for the 1st one.  A BB hat is a fairly mindless knit.  Cast on 63 sts onto a US7 and work in stockinknit for 41/4".  Usually takes about 1 1/2 hours and I don't have to pay much attention to what I'm doing.  I had a few customers come in and we chatted.  I actually sold my Pin-stripe sweater!  And a candy bar!!  Got the hat finished and sewed up by noon.  I even got it embroidered before I stopped for lunch!  Good.  Now I had 2 BB hats on the shelf!  After lunch I cast on for another BB hat but business picked up a little and it took me the rest of the afternoon to finish it...but I got it done and on the shelf!  I also sold an apple hat so eventho I replaced 2 hats I left 2 holes in the display.  (Some days you just can't get ahead!)  I work next Thursday afternoon so I think I should take down some hats and maybe a sweater or 2.  I sold 2 Fair Isle sweaters just before Induction Weekend so the sweater count is a little down, too.
   The weather forecast for the afternoon had called for thunderstorms so when I heard a loud clap of thunder I went out and closed the moon roof and the windows on the Forester. That seems to do the trick because we got maybe 4 drops of rain.  It rained a little more on the way home but no storms!
   Jeff had spent the day with Fanny and Zoey and I didn't know what to expect when I got home.  The dogs were glad to see me and Jeff must have been too, because after supper he said he was tired and went to lay down.  The dogs and I managed to stay awake until 9:30 when we all crashed on my bed and slept until 4am.  I gladly handed Zoey back to Jeff as he walked past my door on his return from the bathroom.  I don't think he was too happy.  She was back trying to climb onto my bed at 6am but she's too little to make it unassisted.  She didn't want to sleep and Fanny and I wanted to sleep some more so I took her back to Jeff.  Zoey carried on for awhile but eventually went back to sleep.  She is only 9 1/2 weeks old and isn't sleeping thru the night yet.  Oh, what a great night that will be!!
   Today we're suppose to have the oil burner cleaned so I think I can knit while the guy is down cellar.  Zoey is asleep under my computer with Fanny on the floor next to her.  Lucky them!!  I guess I'll go wash the breakfast dishes and then knit.

No comments: