Monday, February 27, 2017

Spring!?!?

    The birds woke me up this morning with their glorious song.  Sounds kind of pretentious, doesn't it?  But it was a bright, sunny morning with clear blue sky and as long as you didn't go outside or look at the thermometer you'd think it was spring!  The birds were tweeting and singing their little hearts out!  Don't know if they were finding much to eat...still kind of cold for bugs and worms and not even the forsythia outside this window has started to develop flower buds yet.  Actually, the temperature is above freezing at 38...not bad for February 27!
   Well, I finished my baby sweater last night and cast on for the hat and then put it all away because it was time for The Walking Dead and that is one program I can not stand.  So I surrendered the remote control and retreated to my bed and the last of my library books.  It didn't keep my interest and I soon fell asleep...until Fanny wanted to go out around 11pm.  She got a snack and headed back to bed and I looked at the sock.  The thin blue stripe in the middle of the foot on the 1st sock has not appeared on the 2nd one so the stripes are not going to match...they're about 1/2" off.  Doesn't look too bad and Jeff will always be able to identify his socks.  I'd like to do the hat to finish the baby set this morning and then go back to the socks.  I just might get the socks finished in time for his birthday.  Keep those fingers and toes crossed!   But first some mundane chores: fold laundry, wash dishes, sweep the floor.  I am not a happy housekeeper but sometimes those things just have to be done.  Oh, and there are a couple of large semi-frozen 'gift' piles from Fanny on the driveway between the stairs and the car that should be picked up.  Someone should get them before it rains and they turn to mush.  (And Jeff says 'she's your dog....')

No comments: