Thursday, March 2, 2017

Happy Birthday, Jeff!

     Well, we celebrated Jeff's 64th birthday with some style yesterday.  We went to Roma's Pizza on Main St in Herkimer for a late lunch and ordered cheeseburgers and French fries.  The burgers are double patties on toasted buns and Jeff has everything on his except the kitchen sink.  They are delicious!  The fries are crisp and golden!  So good!  And the price ain't bad, either, only $6.95 for the burger and fries. We both had small salads with our burgers and while they came in a small soup bowl heaped with sliced black olives, onions, tomatoes and croutons I thought the $5 each price was a little steep.  They were good but a little hard to swallow.  With coffee (for Jeff) and Pepsi (for me)our bill came to $31.01.  For cheeseburgers and fries.  No further comment.  We will go back coz the food is good, the service excellent and the place spotless but I'm not sure about ordering a salad again.
     In the evening Jeff went down to his favorite haunt to spend some time with the guys.  He called me later and I went down and joined him at Stoney's for a drink.  (One glass of wine...I was driving.)  Before we came home Jeff suggested stopping at Pete's (he wanted to clear up a possible misunderstanding) and while he was talking to Pete I was introduced to him and another guy who was sitting there and who turned out to be an old student of mine from Annunciation in Ilion.  Now the last time I remember seeing Gary he was graduating from the 8th grade and heading to high school.  I didn't recognize him...I remembered his name...but he remembered me!  Boy, did I feel old!
   Today I've got to get Jeff's birthday socks finished.  I'm half way up the leg on the 2nd sock so I should be able to do it.  It's cold outside and very windy so sitting by the fire and knitting sounds like a good idea.
Birthday socks finished with the stripes just slightly off match.  Jeff says that doesn't matter but it does to me...but not enough to rip one sock out and do it over so they match!  3/2/17, 8:34pm













No comments: