Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Meet The Memorial Wedding Bear

No automatic alt text available.This is the bear I had made by Brenda Olmsted Petty using my mom's silk velvet wedding gown and the silk shantung matron of honor dress she wore for her sister, Fran's wedding.  He's wearing the tuxedo bowtie my dad wore for their wedding, too.  He looks pretty good for being made from 'antique' fabric, doesn't he?  The wedding gown was used April 15, 1948 and the matron of honor dress Aug. 11, 1953.  My mom made both dresses and I think she'd agree this is a good way to recycle the dresses AND an even better way to remember the original owner and the occasions.  Brenda's prices are very reasonable and one piece of clothing can usually make several bears so more than one family member had get a memento. It makes an unusual gift, too.

No comments: