Monday, February 13, 2017

snow, snow, SNOW!

     We had an old-fashion snow storm this weekend.  Got about 10" of that white stuff between Saturday night and Monday morning...and it's still snowing now...off and on.  Forecast is for another 1" or so today...and for every day this week.  Ok, enough is enough.  I give up!
   Jeff had another steroid procedure scheduled for this morning so we were up and out by 10:30am.  Luckily, it was in Herkimer.  I sure didn't want to drive to Cooperstown.  I wasn't sure the doctor would even get to Herkimer from Cooperstown but she did! Rte.28 had been closed in a couple of places yesterday due to blowing snow...you know, 'where the wind comes sweeping cross the plain'...near the Jordanville Rd. Jeff usually doesn't allow me to accompany him into the treatment room so I brought my knitting and sat in the empty waiting room.  After an hour or so, a nurse came out and asked me to come in.  Boy, that scared me!  What had gone wrong???   Nothing, he just wanted to me to come in and keep him company while he waited until they said he could go home.  When she took his bp for the last time and said he could get dressed and leave, I helped him get dressed and took this photo. I wanted
those yellow slipper socks!  So instead of putting them in his vest pocket I put them in my knitting bag.  I think they'll make perfect bed socks.
   Fanny's been acting
stranger than normal these last few nights...since the hutch fell over.  She would come into my room and walk around the bed until she found the hutch where it's sitting on the floor and then leave.  She slept with Jeff a couple of nights, in the chair next to my computer another night, and back and forth between our beds another.  Last night, Jeff picked her up and put her on my bed and told her to go to sleep.  She stayed put until he left the room and then she followed him.  This morning I woke up to find her asleep by my legs.  I guess the falling hutch has got her spooked. Or else she finally figured out following Jeff around in the middle of the night when he gets up to fix a snack doesn't get her a share of it!

No comments: