Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Moving Continues

    I've handled so many cardboard boxes this week I'm beginning to break out into a cold sweat just at the sight of one. (Not to mention the price of new boxes!) The closet of Jeff's room is now officially the J L Day Memorial Library.  There has to be more than 20 boxes of books in there and I know there are still more books waiting to be packed!  I cleaned out his pantry...into Aldi bags...and have several of them sitting in the living room waiting for cupboard space.  (That set of dishes my mom got ...weekly...at the grocery store that hasn't been used in more than 20 years will be boxed up and donated to Goodwill... to open up some space.  And all those plastic containers from the deli that she insisted on keeping because they were 'good' and would come in handy have already been trashed, along with the Tupperware lids that had lost their containers but she kept because she hoped they'd be reunited.)  The living room...or parlor as Jeff refers to it...looks more like a storage shed than part of the house.  Hopefully we'll find room for all of this. There are only a couple of pieces of small furniture left to come here, some to go to the church rummage sale and a lot of stuff to be put in the dumpster. Then we have about a month to try to get all of this settled into this small house.  What doesn't fit...or what's displaced by it...will go to the Town of Herkimer Trash Collection Days in October. 
   Yesterday Fanny and I took turns 'visiting the vampire' (having blood work done.) Jeff had had his turn on Monday. They're still trying to get my INR (clotting factor) back into range and I went in to have my finger pricked.  My numbers had come down some but were still out of range so I had to have blood drawn for the complete test again.  Officially, I'm just out of range with a  high 3.8 so I got to skip my Warfarin last night.  I'll get another finger prick next Thursday...and probably the Thursday after that until my numbers are within range (2.5-3.5) for a month.
   Then it was time for Fanny's annual check up.  She's a trim 79.60 lbs but didn't like stepping on the scale.  Hell, she didn't like much of any part of this trip!  There were 2 cats and another dog in the waiting room and...people!  Fanny didn't know where to go so she hide under the chairs hoping Jeff could protect her. She had a Lyme disease booster, a heartworm test, her distemper or DHPP booster and $36 worth of erythromycin ear ointment for a total of $158.  And the indignity of having to wear a shocking pink muzzle when she was examined because she is a reflex snapper.  And when we got home, we left her...with a couple of dog biscuits and a big bowl of water...for a couple of hours.  When we got back she was a little mad...at me, not Jeff!  She had been poked, prodded, abused, humiliated and left alone...must have been my idea, Jeff wouldn't do that! Two peanut butter flavored biscuits spread with peanut butter helped make up for that. When I went to bed last night Jeff and Fanny were outside...at 12:30am.  Wonder why Fanny prefers him?
   And I actually found time to knit an apple hat yesterday!  Got to get a couple more hats done today and get them down to the shop tomorrow before Labor Day weekend!  Maybe when the Time Warner guy is here.
  
  

No comments: