Friday, September 11, 2015

How We Spent Our Day

   I worked in the shop in Cooperstown today.  It wasn't a particularly busy day.  Sales were pretty good...but none of it was mine!   I had sold a sweater on each of the last 3 days:  a baby set, a 'Black Sheep' sweater and the train hoodie. A tidy sum that left a not-so-tidy hole in my display.  I've got a 'Black Sheep' hoodie on the needles now.  Haven't got to the point where I have to decide what size it is but that's coming soon. (One of the points in favor of working on a raglan from the neck down is almost all sizes start with the same number of stitches and you increase until you have the number of stitches you need for the sleeves for the size you want.)  When I got bored working on that sweater I started a baseball hat because there was only 1 on the shelf (last Friday there were 4!).  That style hat goes really fast (63 sts w/worsted wt yarn on US8's) and I had it done in about 1 1/2 hours and went through my bag looking for the red yarn to do the embroidery.  Went through the car looking for the red yarn.  Crawled around on the floor of the shop behind the counter looking for the red yarn.  No red yarn. The semi-finished hat went back into the bag.  Boy, was I glad I really didn't want to knit today.  But I didn't want to read, either.  Customers kept coming in so I had someone to talk to.  The day moved along nicely.  Finally it was time to tally up and go home where the dog met me at the kitchen door with some garbage from the kitchen pail spread out around her.    She quickly ran into the bedroom to wake up Jeff and tell him I was home.  I'm not sure she was glad to see me because it was me or because it was a good excuse to wake him up.  They had worked in the apartment today and both had needed naps when they got home...she just woke up first.  p.s.  The red yarn was on the footstool in front of my chair in the  TV room.  Didn't quite make it into my bag this morning.

No comments: