Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Still Keeping Busy

    The apartment is officially a thing of the past.  Jeff finished cleaning it out and gave back the keys on Monday.  I think he left it in a much better state than the landlord deserved but Jeff says it should be even cleaner.  How you can expect an apartment to be livable/rentable with a 4'x4' hole across the bathroom floor is beyond me.  The landlord has about a month to fix the leaks before the heat comes on and that heating pipe becomes a sprinkler raining hot water on the apartment below.  I'm sure we'll hear about it from those tenants,too. 
    We're still trying to find room for everything Jeff brought here.  The kitchen is pretty well organized.  Sherry had given us both part of her old Wolfgang Puck stainless steel cookware set when she replaced it (because neither of us had room for the entire set) but now it's reunited...and since I still don't have room for it all Jeff had to gave away a couple of the sauce pans...but we kept the covers.  (I never figured out why there were more pans than covers in that set.)  Anyway, the kitchen and pantry are looking pretty good.
   The parlor, on the other hand, looks awful.  The last few boxes Jeff brought were just left in front of the couch and I don't have any idea where to put them.  We must have half a dozen PC's (2 working, the rest not, 4 or 5 monitors, 5 printers, at least half a dozen keyboards and mouses, a couple of speakers and most of the cords that go to it all.  I think most of it's junk, but Jeff maintains he can always use parts of them.  Maybe we can open a used computer store?
    Last weekend things in Cooperstown were very slow (I didn't even reach $100 in sales on Sunday) but Monday made up for it with over $400 in sales...including 2 of my hats. This week I've been working on replacing them and should be taking 4 hats down with me this trip. 
    Yesterday we went to the library so I could download the photos I had taken of my sweaters (and the garden) but I had the wrong camera cord so that didn't work.  Instead, we visited with Joan the Hotdog Lady and had lunch with her learning about the changes planned for Main St.  There's going to be a Greek gyro shop opening up near the M&T bank (we even met the owner who just happened to walk by) and The Godfather's Hideaway is moving from Protection Ave to the corner of Main and Park (remember Daffy Discount?).  And the fence around the Glory Days/GH ruble pile is scheduled to have a mural painted on it but Joan wasn't impressed with that idea.  I'll have to take a photo of that when it's finished. 
   Well, Jeff's out cutting wood and Fanny's just been put back into the house so I think I'll make myself a cuppa and watch Monarch of the Glen on Netflix and knit.  I haven't seen any of those episodes in several years and I've forgotten how much the scenery reminds me of Speculator and Piseco Lake.  I love those mountains, trees and lakes (or lochs). No wonder I want to go to the Highlands of Scotland. (And maybe to find out what a man does wear under his kilt.) 

No comments: