Saturday, September 5, 2015

The End is In Sight!

   Today is the last day of Moving.  I think.  I hope.  As you can see, if you want something that's on the mantel it's an overland trip to get to it.  Hopefully, we'll find permanent homes for everything in the next couple of weeks.
    The TV room isn't as bad.  Only an extra TV waiting to be relocated, and the laundry room has been refilled with boxes and bags so it's difficult to get to the (empty) closet.  But it's a start.  And no one said moving was going to be easy.  The bedrooms are in a much better state.  They are actually peaceful sanctuaries  of relaxation.  As long as Fanny stays calm....
    Last night was not a calm night.  Some of the critters were visiting outside and kept turning the motion light on most of the overnight.  Fanny kept pacing and whining, letting us know something was happening out there.  I got up twice and tried to let her out but she wasn't that interested in finding out what was happening out there!  Jeff just told her to shut up and lay down.  Finally she curled up...no, stretched out next to me and we all got a couple of hours sleep.  This morning she wasn't interested in going near the back of the garage or wood shed in case something had decided to sleep over.
    Jeff went down to the apartment to finish packing and start cleaning,  I'm doing laundry and straightening up here...just swept the hardwood floors.  I've got to clear a space for a dresser in a closet before I go down and help him pack the trailer. For the last time.  Please.
      Oops...just got an urgent call for the screw gun!  Now, where is it?  I know it's here coz I put it in a box!!  Found it!
Found:  one screw gun!

No comments: