Sunday, March 8, 2015

We're Having A Heat Wave


    We're having a heatwave...apologies to Irving Berlin...not exactly a tropical heatwave, the temperature's rising...it was 38 today...it isn't surprising...it is March and the clocks changed! Went out to get wood with just the wool shirt over the sweatshirt! (Got a lecture from Jeff about doing it, too!) The driveway has started to rut...can't wait until Tuesday and the garbage truck does it's thing! I suppose we'll get a storm with 6" sooner or later but until then it feels good!  The sky is blue and the sun is bright.  Only 12 days til Spring! 
   I found a pattern for a tea cozy that I liked so I've started a couple for the shop.  We're planning a new area...a dedicated kitchen display...and I thought they might be nice in it.  I forgot to get batteries for my camera so I can't post photos


  


   
   


   Jeff's nephew, Timmer (Tim, Jr) had thyroid surgery Friday.  I remember when I had mine done and the ENT said it was a no stress/out-patient deal.  If the test came back positive they'd just take the whole thing.  Timmer's tests were positive before surgery and they had problems with his blood gases so he had to be admitted.  I know Jeff really wanted to be there (Timmer lives in Pa.) with his brother & his nephew's family but ended up home spending yesterday afternoon on the phone and PC relaying his nephew's condition to family and friends.  Jeff just talked to Timmer...who's still in the hospital but feeling better...and now will call everyone and update his nephew's condition.  I hope Timmer regains his strength and endurance quickly...he has more surgery facing him.









of mine yet but this is the what came with the pattern.  Mine is a little different coz I don't follow directions exactly...my roses are cuter!  As soon as I can I'll share my version!








  


No comments: