Saturday, March 14, 2015

RIP Tom Paul

My cousin, Tom Paul, died while vacationing in Costa Rica yesterday. He was actually my half cousin Carol's son but with a multi-generation Italian family in a small town, he was my cousin.  Back in the mid 1950's when Tommy was the baby in our group, his sister and I sometimes got stuck with him...and Chester, the little kid from next door.  But we figured things out and came up with a version of cowboys that kept us all happy.  Tom and Chet became the nephews of the Lone Ranger and Barb and I his nieces.   We played house and with our dolls while the boys played cowboys and Indians...until it was 'dinner time' and they came to play 'dinner' with us. Worked out fine for the 3 years we lived across the street from each other.  Life was a lot simpler on Bellinger Street back then.   My mother always thought Tom was the most Italian of us all...grew garlic, made wine and always had a hug and a kiss for you. He was just getting to know his first grandchild, a 6 month old sweet girl named Mackenzie.  He will be missed.

No comments: