Thursday, January 8, 2015

Time for Some Slippers

The cuff is still in progress here...only 2" high.
   After sitting and staring at the TV for a couple of days after I sent in a yarn order I decided I had to find something to knit before I went crazy. Then I remembered Jeff telling the ER nurse the other night that I made him slippers as well as socks...he had this year's Christmas present on...so I decided to do another pair of slippers and use up some Red Heart worsted weight yarn.  Slippers are done with 2 stands of yarn on a US 11...a fairly large needle...and go fast.  I found a new pattern on line and did one slipper in an evening.  After I sewed on the Jiffy Grippe...the non-slid fabric on the sole...I had Jeff try it on to be sure it fit.  It fit but he felt it would be more comfortable if it was higher ...or had a cuff.  So I spent last night picking up stitches onto a US 9 circular...still with 2 stands of yarn but ran out of the gray yarn...and ribbed for 4".  He likes it.  I hope to finish the 2nd slipper today.  Maybe I'll make a pair for myself...depends on when my yarn order gets here.
 

No comments: