Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It's Here!

   After lunch Fanny (the dog) and I dashed to the car for a quick trip to the Post Office and grocery store.  The air temperature was +8 degrees (I don't even want to think what the wind chill was!) and found a box from KnitPicks on the passenger seat. It was my yarn order that they had shipped on Friday!  I almost went back into the house and skipped the trip to town but I needed to mail the cowl I had finished and we were out of bread. (The trip to the PO, grocery store and back home...including unloading the car only took 45 minutes.)
   It was like Christmas opening the box and oohing and aahing over the colors and textures of the yarn.  I got Stroll Fingering yarn in Kindling Tonal to make Jeff socks for Valentine's Day and Stroll Fingering in Hayride Hand-painted to make him socks for his birthday in March.  There's even some Stroll Fingering in Herbal Wreath Hand-painted for socks for me!
   Then there's the Comfy Worsted I'm going to use to made skirt and sweater sets for the shop.  The size 1 outfits have white or ivory  short sleeve raglan sweaters worked from the neck down on US 8's  with a 3-buttons back closure and embroidered floral detail on the front .  The skirts are done on US 8's  circulars with 3/4" elastic in the waistband.  The buttons and floral detail are done in the same color as the skirt.  I got the cotton and acrylic Comfy in Celestial, Lilac, Zinna and Peapod...all bright colors.  (Last season the sweater and skirt sets sold well done in Red Heart acrylic but I think the cotton blend might be more comfortable to wear.)  I also got some Comfy fingering in those colors to do matching socks. 
  Now that my yarn is here I better get busy!  The shop opens for the season Friday, April 3rd (Good Friday!
Comfy Cotton/Acrylic blend

Washable woolblend

No comments: