Friday, January 23, 2015

Just Can't Win

     I am not happy today.  Last week Jeff found out about this program that offered re-insulation, new effective light bulbs and draft blockers, etc.  to lower income households to help lower energy costs.  He didn't qualify because he lives in an apartment but he thought I might, so he gave them my name and phone number and someone called me and made an appointment to come over and interview me.  I had to have a fuel consumption history from my oil company, my latest electric bill and my HEAP notice. The interviewer called back today to make sure I had all my paper work ready...they were due to come over Monday afternoon...and while we discussed what I had assembled it was reveled that I would need to prove that I had had 600 gals of fuel oil delivered last year to qualify.  I  had purchased 437.8 gals over 4 months...burning wood doesn't help...so I don't qualify for re-insulation...but I probably could get the new light bulbs if I still wanted them.   You can't win.  
   I finished the socks I was knitting for me and wore them today. I do love wool socks!  I've got to get a pair made for Jeff for Valentine's day (it's between some hand-painted yarn called Kindling and Hayride. Both are washable wool blends in hanks from Knitpicks and have to be rolled into balls...not a favorite activity of mine) in-between working on the skirt and sweater sets for the shop.   I got quite a lot of the first skirt done while waiting to see the ENT this morning.  It's a size 1 in  Zinna Comfy Worsted on a US 8 circular and worked up very fast...but I did sit in the examining room waiting for the doctor for more than half an hour.  I want to finish it tonight...except for the elastic in the waistband...and then start the white short sleeved raglan sweater that will go with it. Baby sizes work up so fast I don't get bored doing more than 1 of something.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great socks, Mary and I like that book title!