Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

   Today's the end of 2014 and it's not too soon for me.  It's been an expensive year with the Forrester rusting out and having to be scraped and replaced, and the septic tank having to be dug up and the dry well replaced.  We lost pallets... without a trailer hitch on the Outback someone else got them,  and then time... with Jeff out of commission doing PT for a 50+ year old injury that only caused more pain.  Now we're cutting, stacking and burning wood at a steady pace.  The woodshed looks good for a day or two and then it's nearly empty again if we get a couple of days of bad weather.  
   Jeff and the table saw had a disagreement last week and of course, the saw got the last word.  Luckily, his reflexes are still good and he just got cut.  Bled like a stuck pig but so far no signs of infection.  His thumb....right up to his shoulder... are sore from the jolt of the saw blade!
   We both had doctor appointment last Tuesday and I came away with less meds...my MD couldn't answer when I asked why she had prescribed hydrochloropthiaxide for me last year.  My bp averages 108/66...high for me is 118/70...and my right ankle is swollen because that's part of the broken leg site not because I'm retaining fluids.   She agreed to discontinue it.   No wonder I was cold all the time!  Between HCLT and Warfarin I didn't have a chance!  I also came away with a cold.  Woke up Christmas morning with a sore throat but I've been lazing around drinking hot tea and not doing much so it's not too bad.  I asked the pharmacist at Hannaford's to recommend something for night time so I could sleep without getting stuffed up and coughing.  If you know me, you know how I can cough!
   Jeff is still disagreeing with his doctor about his medications.  He feels he's taking too much but she doesn't want to discontinue any so he just stopped taking some. (Yea, not the safest way to do it, but that's how he does things.)  He feels better taking less and his blood sugar is back under control.  I think we... the patient...really do know more than the doctor sometimes...especially when we need an interpreter  to understand what the doctor is saying.  I think it would be safer to request a different doctor but....
    The shop is officially closed for the season.  I cleaned out my area Monday and was surprised to find that the man's hat I had done sold!   I think I'm going to order some good cotton yarn and do some skirt and sweater sets for the spring.  We reopen Good Friday so they may sell right away...or during the summer.  And I've got to do more baby hats, baseball hats, maybe some stuffed toys...the list goes on.  I've just got to remember, I'm just 1 knitter and I can do just so much.  I also want to do some wool socks for me...mine have holes in them!   And I usually do a pair of socks for  Jeff for Valentine's Day and for his birthday.    Hey, I'd  better get busy!

No comments: